MARINE BIOLOGY STUDENT ASSOCIATION (MBSA)
The Marine Biology Student Association (MBSA) is an official ODU student organization for undergraduate students interested in marine biology. The purpose of the MBSA is to:
- Facilitate communication and interaction among students and faculty in the Marine Biology Concentration Area Program within the ODU Department of Biological Sciences;
- Engage students in marine biology-related service activities in Hampton Roads and beyond;
- Disseminate information on research, internship, educational, and professional opportunities to marine biology students;
- Develop a deeper understanding of marine biology through seminars by marine biology faculty, graduate students, and invited guests; and to
- Provide marine biology students with career and coursework counseling.
The MBSA generally meets twice a month during the academic year and hosts social events and marine biology-related community service activities that take place at other times. Students in the Marine Biology Concentration Area are expected to be active participants in the MBSA.
The MBSA will be meeting on the first and third Tuesdays each month in room OCNPS 200 during activity hour (12:30 - 1:20PM).
Additional information about MBSA meeting agendas, various student opportunities, and other items of interest are posted on the MBSA Message Board on the 3rd floor of the MGB Building across from the elevator.
2013-2014 MBSA STUDENT OFFICERS
President: Adam Wood email@example.com
Vice President: Elizabeth Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Lindsey Dimick email@example.com
Treasurer: Tiffany Dawson firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Coordinator: Evelyn Lewis email@example.com
Our Orgsync website can be located here