College of Sciences Student Fellows Program
The College of Sciences Students Fellows is a select group of undergraduate students who have demonstrated scholastic achievement, commitment to the study of the sciences, and leadership potential. Fellows are selected to represent the student body and the College of Sciences.
College of Sciences Fellows:
- Serve as representatives of the College of Sciences at various campus functions such as Admitted Students Day, Majors Fair, and Open Houses.
- Participate in Focus Groups and Educational/Informational activities relating specifically to the COS
- Act as a peer resource for prospective students by conducting tours of COS facilities, providing opportunities for shadowing, and promoting the COS by sharing their experience and insight.
- The opportunity to interact with faculty on a more collegial level, sharpen your communication skills, develop leadership and interpersonal skills, and enhance your resume.
- Certificate earned after 20 hours of service to the College of Sciences
- Participation indicated on Co-Curriculur Transcript
To be considered for the 2013-2014 Cohort:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be a current undergraduate student and have completed a minimum of 30 credits at ODU by the end of the Spring 2013 semester. (Transfer students: 24 credits)
- Pickup an application packet from the Advising Office in MGB 236
- Submit a completed application & letter of recommendation to the Advising Office in MGB 236 by 5:00pm on April 5th, 2013.
For more information or to apply contact Tammy Hanna at firstname.lastname@example.org