Thank you for your interest in applying to the Virginia Consortium Program in Clinical Psychology. We are pleased to report that our Ph.D. program has received the maximum (7-year) accreditation from the American Psychological Association.
Applications are accepted for full-time study only beginning in the fall semester. We anticipate admitting approximately six students for the 2015-2016 academic year. Students will be admitted into the program with a specific research mentor. Applicants may contact potential research mentors for additional information and to express interest. Please click here for a list of faculty mentors who will be accepting students in 2015.
The deadline for all application materials is December 1, 2014. The application deadline will not be extended.
1. Complete an online application through Old Dominion University after September 15, 2014. Check back here for a link to that application.
2. Submit VCP's supplemental application. As you complete the ODU online application, you will be directed to the supplemental materials section.
3. Submit a current curriculum vita (CV) or resume in the supplemental materials section of the online application.
4. Submit an unofficial copy of transcripts from all institutions you attended as directed in the online application. Official copies of transcripts will be required for all matriculated students.
5. Official copies of GRE scores must be submitted. There is no waiver or substitute for this test. The Virginia Consortium reporting code is 5877. The GRE must have been taken in the past 5 years. Please allow sufficient time so that the scores are received by the December 1, 2014 deadline.
6. Three Letters of Recommendation are required from individuals who can comment on your suitability for doctoral level clinical training. You must have three letters for a complete application. We encourage you to have at least two of the three letters from academic psychologists or professors who know you well. Only three letters will be considered; if more are submitted, we will review the first three received. Detailed information on how to submit these letters will be posted at the same time the online link is provided.
7. Selected applicants will be invited to interview on the Old Dominion University campus in Norfolk, VA. Interview dates are Friday, January 30 and Friday, February 6, 2015. These are the only days on which interviews will be held. If ours is a program of choice for you, please keep these dates in mind.
8. We will make offers of admission as soon as feasible following the interview dates. We follow the CUDCP policy for Graduate School Offers and Acceptances.
Direct program specific questions to:
Telephone: (757) 451-7733
Fax: (757) 823-8919
Direct questions regarding your application to the
Office of Graduate Admissions:
Telephone: (757) 683-3685
Toll-Free: (800) 348-7926
Mailing address: Graduate Admissions, 220 Rollins Hall,
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA 23529